
I want my kids to grow up giving. Our school has to do a service project each year. The last three years my class has done a stuffed animal drive for the Infant Crisis Center. I love ICC. They are one of the few places that still accept used items. I understand that even poor people need new things but buying a new unwrapped toy is not really something that a 3 or 4 year old can do and it mean anything. I want the service project that we do to be my students and not just their parents making the sacrifice. Our project is that I want each student to look through their stuffed animals at home and choose one to give to a baby that doesn't have any kind of lovey. This is very hard for a young child. I am not asking for them to give away their favorite stuffed animal but still it is difficult. So, Charlie and I sat down with all of her dolls and stuffed animals. She gave one of the plastic sacks you see in the picture. The other sack is some of Brantley's clothes. I was so proud of her. She cut her stuffed animals completely in half. I could not believe her generosity. She was so excited to give something to the babies that did not have a lovey. So, If you every need to get rid of "lovey's" ICC ( www.infantcrisis.org ) is a great place to send them. The unbagged items are what my kids at school gave. I was amazed with their generosity.
No comments:
Post a Comment