It's hard to believe that it has been 8 years since this picture was taken on a VERY cold an windy Oklahoma day. Yesterday was my anniversary. I got a call from Dusty about lunch time. "Happy anniversary dear. I have some good and some bad news." "Tell me the bad." I like to have the bad first so that the good might pull me out of 'it.'
"I am redoing the bathroom like we talked about."
"We talked about doing that this summer."
"Well, I knocked few tiles off the wall today so I thought I would just take care of it."
"Okay, what is the good news?"
"I'm not finished with the bad news."

"Oh," What else can you say when you hear that. "Tell me the rest."
"Well, when I was pulling the rest of the tile off I saw that we have water damage and termites."
"Did I hear you say termites?"
"Yes, they are coming out today to take care of it."
"Okay, can you tell me the good news."
"We have the money to pay for it."
We had decided to redo the bathroom when about three months ago we noticed that a few tiles were loose and some nasty brown stuff was seeping out from between the tiles. I am not much for understanding construction but I do know that when you are working with a shower you need to use materials that will keep the moisture out. The idiots that redid the bathroom before we bought the house did not know this. Instead of using wonder-board they used regular ply wood. So the brown stuff was the ply wood that has decentergrated in the last 8 years. So when Dusty got in there he had to replace two pieces of wood that had some minor termite damage and some major water damage. So, being the LUCKY lady that I am. I married a very handy man eight years ago. The above picture shows my newly retiled shower. Didn't he do a great job? He has a little more grout and some sealant to go but it just looks beautiful. Don't look too closely I haven't cleaned the shower since he started working.

Dusty has always said he is very lucky b/c I don't really like it when he sends flowers b/c (1) it costs too much money and (2) they die. He is never expected to do it. He is very sweet though and surprises me on occasion. This is one of those tiems. Jeannie (the most wonderful and funniest 1st grade teacher I have ever know) brought them in to my room yesterday. She said "Do you want to smell my beautiful flowers?"
Dusty has always said he is very lucky b/c I don't really like it when he sends flowers b/c (1) it costs too much money and (2) they die. He is never expected to do it. He is very sweet though and surprises me on occasion. This is one of those tiems. Jeannie (the most wonderful and funniest 1st grade teacher I have ever know) brought them in to my room yesterday. She said "Do you want to smell my beautiful flowers?"
"Sure, "I said, "Who sent you flowers?"
"There for you."
"For me really? Okay, it is my ann. Look at how sweet Dusty is."
So I got a new bathroom and flowers yesterday. Isn't he just the greatest!
2 comments:
Happy Belated Anniversary!!
WOW, what a gorgeous wedding photo, you were a beautiful bride and you two make a perfect couple!
Such pretty flowers!!
Oh, happy anniversary. Kevin and I are one year ahead of you - this year will be nine. Doesn't it feel great to be able to chalk another year up in this crazy world?
Post a Comment