Sunday, March 29, 2009

Praying for our children

I received this great calendar called praying for our children at my bible study in the fall. Each day on the calendar has a different character trait to pray over our children. It also has a simple prayer and a bible verse. I keep losing my paper so I thought I would make some prayer cards to hang by my bed. I am making several sets. One for me, my sister as a baby present, one for a friend, and one for the basket I am putting together for my schools auction in November. I went to a crop this weekend and got 11 of the 31 cards done. I was pretty impressed with myself that I finished 44 cards in 12 hours.



Mercy
James 5:11
Oh Father, grant that my children would be full of mercy and compassion as you are Lord.


Justice
Psalm 11:7 and Micah 6:8
God, help my children to love justice as You do and act justly in all they do.









Salvation
2 Timothy 2:10
Lord, I pray that my children would obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.



No comments: