Thursday, January 8, 2009

Imagination

I just love imagination conversations. We had several this evening.

"The Monster in the backyard."
"Momma, the monster is scaring me."
"How is he scaring you?"
"He is roaring."
"Ask him not to roar."
"Can I ask God?"
"Sure."
(Charlie to herself as she walks out on the back porch in the dark with her flash light to get her toys out of her new play house.) "God help me to be brave. Amen. Mr. Monster, may you please stop roaring. You are scaring me."
"ROAR (loud), roar (softer), roar (squeaked). " (Charlie was talking for the monster.)
"Thank you."
So I did what any parent would. "So, what did the monster say."
"Oh, he just said he was sorry for scaring me and he would wait till I went inside to roar anymore."

And the second conversation, Charlie was in bed. I opened her book to begin her story.
"Did you hear that?" She had a huge smile on her face.
"Let me listen closer." I pretended to listen. She said very quietly splash. Her head moved like she was watching someone jump from my right shoulder to my left shoulder over my head.
"I did hear that."
"It's Ariel mommy."
"Well, of course it is."
"She is jumping out of the water. Do you see her?" splash, splash, splash.
"Yes, she is."
"She wants to play. I told her that I can't because it is my rest time but I can watch her. Isn't she a great jumper mommy."
"Yes."

I just have to walk away chuckling. Thank you God for giving this little girl such an amazing imagination. It will probably get her into some serious trouble when she gets to school and is suppose to be learning about fractions or something equally as difficult at first.

No comments: