Sunday, November 30, 2008

P-EWE-K

"Mom! Don't touch my pewek."
"Your what?"
"My Pewek."
"And what is a pewek?"
"It's what you collect."
So we have a new word at our house. We took Charlie's pewek and turned it into a table decoration for Thanksgiving. I am not the girlie type when it comes to table clothes and table decorations. I am taking a great bible study this semester at church entitled "Keepers of the Home." During this bible study we had a skill session on Entertaining where a friend of mine talked about using what you have to decorate.

So, I bought a roll of fall colored ribbon and added Charlie's collection of pine-cones and rocks. We picked leaves off of our Maple tree in the front yard. Dusty's grandma always had the most beautifully decorated tables. So in honor of her we used the leaves. She bought the tree for me as a birthday present the first year we lived in the house. I think it added her to our table.



We really missed her this year.

No comments: