Sunday, November 30, 2008

I want to swing now mom!

Somewhere around 10:30 every day Brantley cries. I try everything. I change him. I try feeding him. I try singing and rocking him. And nothing works. Out of frustration I put him in the swing and he starts sucking like he's hungry.





So I give him a bottle Daddy style. (It makes me crazy that Dusty props a bottle. He's just a baby hold him! ) And he starts eating. He would not eat five minutes earlier when I was holding him. But this is about the time every day where Dusty puts him in the swing to eat.




He finishes his bottle and goes right to sleep. He knows his routine even if Mommy doesn't. This is the only time of the day that he acts like this. Any other feeding he wants to be held except for Daddy's feeding. How funny is that? I think it's funny that he already has preferences and opinions. I find it even funnier that he can express those preferences and opinion since he can't even talk. It has only taken me a little over 3 months to figure out that I shouldn't even try holding him to eat any where from 10 to 2.
He's that way at nap time too. He cries to be put into his bed for nap. Sometimes the time gets away from me and he is ready for bed before we have read stories and sung songs and it makes Charlie mad that he doesn't want to. Brantley is such an easy peaceful kid! I wonder how long that will last?

2 comments:

mommy2alex said...

What a little sweetie pie!
I think he's going to have that easy going spirit always, if not just to drive his sister crazy - hehe!! :)

mommy2alex said...

I left you an award on my blog for always reminding me to enjoy every moment of being a mommy, to think outside of the box and sometimes it's okay to hide in the box:)