Saturday, November 8, 2008

Life lesson #9863




So, this getting up before Daddy and getting into stuff is wearing Mom and Dad really thin. Especially mom, (disclaimer here: I have a wonderful husband. He is great at helping keep the kids and keep the house picked up.) who has had to come home every day this week and clean up something that Charlie has gotten into. The toothpaste on the bathroom mat that was just folded over was the one that pushed me over the edge...or maybe it was the flowers.

"Charlie does your Daddy know that you got into Mommy's scrapbook stuff?"
"Yes,"
"And he didn't make you clean it up?"
"Nope."
This is where I sent Charlie off to watch TV. I was so mad and I am determined not to yell at her today. Skip ahead a few minutes to me sorting flowers.
"Why am I doing this? I didn't make this mess. She is perfectly capable to sorting these flowers herself. Charlie!"
"Yes, Mom."
"Get in here!"
She did a great job of picking up.



1 comment:

mommy2alex said...

Oh my what a sweet naughty girl!
At least it ended with a good sorting activity - way to make it into a learning experience mommy!!