Saturday, March 26, 2011

I love my husband!

Dusty and I were married 10 years ago March 24th.  I know, it is crazy how fast time goes by. It doesn't feel like 10 years and yet it feels like forever (in a good way).  Last year I told him that for our 10th anniversary I wanted to go away with him somewhere. I did not care where or what we did.  I just wanted to get away with him.  And, I got girlie.  I say that to say this.  Yes, I am a girl but I do not like to shop.  I hate shoes and I don't wear jewelry.  For three weeks prior to our trip I went shopping I can't tell you how many times.  I bought 4 new outfits (2 of which are dresses) a pair of shoes and JEWELRY!  It is so not like me.  Everything I bought is not my "typical" style.
So, he surprised me.  We went to Guthrie, Oklahoma.   
We started out the trip with a visit to the Publishing Museum.
 This sign has been "wrong" for over 100 years.  I just loved these doors.
And these stairs!  I have always wanted stairs like this in my home.  I live in a one story house.  I don't think that will happen any time soon.

After leaving here we rode their trolly tour.  That was neat.  It turns out that D and I have something in common.  We love to hear about  and look at old homes.  Crazy.  I thought he did this for me.  Nope, he says he likes it too.


 We went by the drug store museum.  I didn't take any pictures b/c I found a few post cards that were PERFECT.  The gardens were really neat. I found a bottle of "chill" pills that were sold in the early 1800's.  I found that kind of funny.  
Ate lunch at a bbq place. YUM!   Then went to the Territorial Museum.
I am a history lover so these kinds of things are loads of fun.  I loved this fireplace.  This was the dress of the first lady of Oklahoma.  BEAUTIFUL! And you can tell by the dress that she was not skinny!  I just thought that was funny.
This might be an interesting read:  True Politeness A Handbook for Ladies .

D is looking a the craftsmanship of the early house.


 This shirt is one of the items I bought.  It is a tank top that is nothing but lace and fancy girly stuff.  I loved it but it is not something that I would normally wear and definitely to school.  10 years and we are happier now than back in 2001.  There have been some bumps but life would not be blessed if we did not have the hardships to remind us of the blessings!



We stayed in the upstairs suite of the Red Brick and Roses.  AMAZING! Normally I am cheap but it was so worth it.   
 
 We fell in LOVE with this tree outside the bed and breakfast.  It was the PERFECT climbing tree and it had lots of neat places for animals to hide.  We took the picture to show the kids b/c they too would find it neat.



 On Sunday we went shopping downtown.  I felt like an old couple.  We walked around holding hands.  A perfect weekend.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Awww...what a special guy...and you are so sweet!
LOVE your tank too! Super cute!
xx
Loves,
K