There is a funny story about this retreat that changes things. I am not a "planner" in the sense that I like to take care of all the details of retreats. This year I felt that God wanted me on the planning committee. Dusty laughed when I told him I was on the planning committee for the retreat. "That's not something you normally do." I know I told him. But what I did not know was that God had a bigger plan for me. I gave my testimony and took care of the "craft" (I will add a post on that in a few days.)
Kay introduced me by telling the story of God's faithfulness to pull together this retreat. My friend Mitzi and I joked before hand that she would have to get a picture at the beginning of my testimony so that I wasn't crying. Kay didn't give me a chance. I was crying while I was being introduced. I walked up the podium needing a handful of Kleenex's.
God's story through me is this "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you. He will NEVER leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8I was born to an unwed teenage mother, an amazing woman of strength. I was not around my read dad until after he became sober.
I may have felt rejection and loneliness growing up but God always provided at least one person that made me feel wanted. The "your not good enough" voices that came from my step dad, kids at school, and within myself were always battled with God's word.
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
God always went before me in all things, and prepared the way.
![]() |
| Debra |
![]() |
| Two amazing friends! |
![]() |
| Bonnie and Sherrie |
If I am seeking him, then my desires will also be his desires. Over the last 33 years I have learned something so valuable. Depression, loneliness, self-doubt will be things that I deal with because they remind me to depend on Him.
excerpt from the poem
Made Her
![]() |
| Anne and Chelsea |
I made her in such a way that she would need Me. I made her a little more lonesome than she would like to be...only because I need her to lean and depend on Me. i know her heart, I know if I had not made her like this, she would go her own way and forget Me..her creator. "
God alone is my comfort. He will send skin (people on Earth) to comfort me in my times of need but He alone is that comfort.
![]() |
| Cate and Melissa |
![]() |
| Laurie |
What an absolutely amazing thing, that he will find ME. When I search him out, He will find me. He will be my refugee. So, I spoke at the retreat. ME. Someone who feels more times than not that I have nothing to give. That I am not worthy. That I am useless. Someone who does and will continue to battle depression, loneliness, and self-doubt. And yet, God had an amazing plan this weekend to show ME that I have a story to share. He showed me that I have a testimony. That God has done amazing things for me and I will rejoice in it. I will leave you with three verses:
Psalms 126:2-3 "Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, “The LORD has done great things for them.” 3 The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."
Isaiah 26:12 "LORD, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us."
And











2 comments:
Amy, you are an amazing woman! Thank you for being so faithful and doing what God had called you to do! You are an inspiration! God bless you,sweetheart!!!
Thsnks for sharing this special day via your blog. I am so thankful for you and that the Lord raised you up that you might share your story and how He has strengthened and sustained you! Blessings!
P.S. Loved the post about the kiddos and the pond. . .
Post a Comment