Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Project life--

The kids got in trouble today because B got stuck in the fence between our yard and the neighbor's.  He had thrown something over the fence so that he could go get it.  It made me think of the story Peter Rabbit.  B is  little bigger and louder than Peter would have been.  So, for their consequence they could not be outside today without mommy or daddy. I decided I would enjoy my Christmas present (chairs), the book loaned from a very dear, dear friend and the beautiful day that God had given us.  I sat down and began reading every now and then glancing up.  I noticed that C was sitting next to me off and on drinking her water.  B was all over the place.  I heard B first. "Do away monster."  I look up and notice that he is reading.  I look over at C and she is reading. I found this very funny!  I called for the camera.  Me being the photographer of the family I am in very few pictures.  And, although this particular picture is very much staged.  5 minutes earlier is was not.  When I asked C what she was doing she said "You are the kindest sweetest mommy I know.  I want to be just like you."  Touched my heart.  I think I will remind her of this the next time she tells me I am mean or that she hates me.  :) Oh, and my hour spent reading in the sun has sent me running for aloe and the sunscreen.  Here comes summer!

1 comment:

Vera Matson said...

That's great that you got a 'real' photo with you in it! I came here from SC, by the way!