Monday, September 19, 2011

I scrapbooked!!!!!

And I don't mean that I went out to my room to work on a "project".  No, I scrapbooked.  I ordered new pictures.  Picked them up. Created a layout!  I can not tell you how incredibly excited I am.  I had a few friends over this week.  I spent 4 hours plus in my room and I walked away with 3 one page layouts and a 2 page layout.  I scraped 21 pictures!  

Here is the first one:  Science with Dad

I used stuff that was left on my desk.  Papers that I had pulled for projects ages ago and just have not found the "page" for them.  These pictures completely explain how things go in our house.  My daughter flicked her potato cake across the room with her spoon.  I got on to her for "throwing" food and her dad turned it into a science lesson complete with vocabulary.  "This dear is a fulcrum, and this is how you use it."  I conceded the battle and got them marshmallows instead of eggs and potato cakes.  If I missed picking up one of the marshmallows it would not stink later.  I love the pictures that show both my husband and my son with their mouths open trying to catch the marshmallows.
 This layout is another one where I grabbed the stuff on my table.  I used my new birthday banner stamps.  These pictures make me laugh.  I have tired to do a picture a day this year.  I really want to get Project life and scrap them.  Anyway, one of those pictures I caught B sleeping under his bed.  About a week later, I found Charlie doing the same thing.  I knew when I snapped the picture of Charlie I was going to scrap about the two of them being the "monsters under the bed."
 I know it is not Easter but I just love these pictures.  My goal is to eventually have enough layouts for each season that my "decorations" are old layouts. I have one for every Easter since Charlie was born (6).  I can't wait to see them side by side.  And, don't you just think that little guy  is the sharpest dressed kiddo in town?  I sure do!  
I finally scrapped the retreat in April.  Here is my post about it.  Once i get ink for my printer I will print out my testimony and put it behind the picture in the top left corner.  I have also handwritten about the experience (much of which is on my blog).  I want my kids to see God's faithfulness when we are obedient to His will.  New ribbon.  I can not believe that I used something new.  I have a hard time using ribbon.  I just love it so much and I like to look at it.  I tend to buy it put it away and then just look at if from time time.  This ribbon never even made it to the "to be put away basket."

I am refreshed and rejuvenated.  I already have two layout ideas jumping around in my head.  I keep thinking of my to do list in terms of "if I get this done" then I can scrap for 20 minutes.  I snuck out and pulled some paper together for a layout I am toying with in my mind.  I wonder if I can sneak out and finish it once the  kids go to sleep tonight.  B took a very short nap so maybe he will go to bed early tonight (or at least on time).

2 comments:

Ursula Schneider said...

always so good to get things done isn't it! good for you!

lisa truesdell said...

These are awesome - congrats on getting so much done!