Monday, September 5, 2011

Cake pops

I am a dork.  I love these silly things.  I have made them 3 times now.  The last were the easiest.  So, I know that the next time will be even easier.  I think I might just have to donate some to the Auction.  My first try was by hand.  Dusty helped.  They turned out so super cute.  And then they all fell off.  They were WAY too big.  The second time I made them,  I forgot to take a picture.  I made them smaller using a mini cookie cuter.  They stayed on the stick this time.  They still did not turn out exactly the way I wanted.  I tried to use a shaped cutter.  Then when I tried to cover them, they just did not turn out right.


This last time, I made them all by myself.  I did not use the stick though b/c I was worried about how to transport them.  They turned out so cute.  Charlie wanted ones that looked like suns.  I tried, but I did not like the way they turned out.  The next morning when I showed these to Charlie she was SO excited b/c they looked like ice cream tops.  I think I will try these again but put them on a mini ice cream cone. My picture was an after thought so it is not the best picture in the world.  I would really like to have the actual cook book to see if she gives any "tips" that I can't get just looking at the web.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Oh yum! I have heard about those before! The first ones in the green are super cute!