Monday, September 26, 2011

My life in song

A very dear friend of mine posted about the music in her life.  I was inspired.  My list is SO different.
4th grade-Madonna I loved everything Madonna.


 6th grade -  I'll be there for you by Bon Jovi
7th grade:  Friends by Michael W. Smith
8th grade:  When I see you smile by Bad English
Oh, this was the year of true crushes.

 
9th grade:  There are two songs that make me think of this year.  
This was the first year I sang a solo in church.  
Because he lives

 
She's in love with the boy by Trisha Yearwood



10th grade:  
I use to love this song but after this year it means so much more to me.  10th grade was a really tough year.  It was the year that I began to learn that beauty is not up to the "world" but up to God.  It was the year I began a lesson that would take me many, many years to learn.  I am beautiful to God.  No one else matters.  

11th grade:  Stay by Lisa Loeb & Nine Stories

 
12th grade:  I loved Aerosmith.  I mean loved them.  But, living in the boondocks we did not have cable.  Which meant I had not seen a music video at all.  I loved Aerosmith for two reasons.  I loved the music and my mom liked them when she was in high school.  I always thought that was really neat.  
OBU College: 
Jars of Clay (I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!) Love song for a savior.  Looking back, I see this as a song about me.  I do feel that the last few years have been spent with me falling down and crying out that I want to fall in love with my savior over and over again.
 

late college:  
Bare naked ladies "One week" 
1999:  Skip Ewing "Rebecca Lynn"  I met Skip Ewing at the Ramada Plaza Hotel.  She was part of the Reba McIntire rodeo entertainment one year.  I was working front desk night audit.  He sat in the lobby and played for a couple hours after he got back from the Lazy E.  It was my own private concert.  

2001:  Sometime in the summer after Dusty and I got married, we were talking to some friends who were in the process of planning their wedding.  Dusty said that there was only one thing he would change about our wedding.  I was interested.  What would that one thing be?  He said that instead of the traditional wedding march, he would have me walk out to this song.
She's more by Andy Griggs
2005:  And, this is the song that I hope describes me.  I really want to be this kind of a person.  Super chick We live

 
2008:  I am showing how I bounce around on the styles of music I listen to.  This is Charlie's favorite song, but it became my favorite at the time when she would sing it to B and he would coo and fall asleep.  
2011:  This year is another year marked by several songs.  
Blessing by Laura Story

 You are More by Tenth Avenue North

and 
Johnny Diaz "More Beautiful You"
I think this is a "theme" throughout my life.  I am so very thankful that God continues to let me know that regardless of what others think or what I see he thinks I am Beautiful!
 What about you?  What is your life in song?

1 comment:

mommy2alex said...

I am horrible with the song game (hear a song, who is it?), but I love music! So, I am impressed with your recalling! So many great songs, love that you did this. :) The story about Dusty/wedding, brings me chills, what a great song too!
Great post!!!