I love it when I have a conversation with one of my kids that just takes my breath away. Coming home from school was like that today.
"Mom, do you know how to cross your heart and lock it with a key?"
"Why do you want to lock your heart?"
"Oh, I just have something that I don't ever want to get out of my heart."
"What's that?"
"I want to be a godly lady. I don't want that to ever get out of my heart."
(Gasp once, I want this for her as well. I am SO amazed that she has this thought at 6. I did not have these kind of thoughts until my late 20's)
"That's a good reason to want to lock your heart. Do you know any Godly ladies?"
"YES!!! Mary."
Right now in our lives we have several Mary's.
"Which Mary?"
"That's silly Mom! Jesus's mom."
"Yes, she was a godly woman. Do you know any that are alive right now?"
"You."
(Gasp twice. This is my prayer for myself. I am so very thankful that my daughter considers me a Godly woman. Especially lately. It seems that with Dusty gone I seem to lose my temper a lot more and a lot faster. What a blessing to me that even with all my mistakes and faults my 6 year old thinks of me as a godly woman.)
1 comment:
Children and animals are the best judges of character! She knows what she wants to be because you have been such a wonderful example. You definitely don't have the "do as I say, not as I do" mommy gene - unfortunately my mother had it, but luckily God brought my step-mom into my life (who did not possess the gene, thankfully!). Keep doing what you're doing, it's working! YAY!
And please hug that Godly young lady for me!!!!
Post a Comment