No quiet time today, and I am really feeling it. I am not by any means a Godly woman. It is a desire of mine when I die to be described as one. But, I am not there yet. Today is one of those days that I can tell that I did not get near enough sleep this week. I feel worn and drained. I am feeling the pressure of playing all week by looking around my house and seeing the clean laundry that is calling my name. I feel it in my bones (and eyes) that bedtime will not come early enough tonight. And yet, I am so refreshed. I am a daughter of Eve who is torn between two churches. I have the Catholic church that I go to during school hours. They have taught me how to be reverent, how to contemplate the things of the lord, how to truly worship. And then I have my home church. This is the place where I have been taught many wonderful things. I have learned to meditate on scripture and hide it in my heart. I have learned to search the scriptures for God's meaning for me knowing that it is okay if it does not match exactly what everyone else receives because I am different. I have been taught to become somewhat of a prayer warrior. And, in these things I have found God who has been there from the beginning, My creator, My comfort.
This past week I heard a request of an amazing woman. "I have been negative and down hearted. I confessed this and the Lord took it away."
I am feeling there is SO much I need to confess: a lack of patience, harsh words, unkind thoughts, frustration...time. And yet, with all these faults I find myself in worship. I find myself in prayer like I have never been in prayer before. I pray for my kids. I pray for my husband. I pray for myself. And this year, I have found myself praying for concerns on the spot. God has put such a passion in my heart that I was unaware of. I never imagined that one of my spiritual gifts might be prayer. This week I have prayed with a parent. I have prayed with four different co-workers multiple times when discussing issues on our hearts. I have found myself praying in the car when I am frustrated and drained. (I did this today, out loud praying that God would take my frustrations away and give me the quiet spirit I needed for my kids. Charlie told Brantley to be quiet so she could hear mommy pray. Brantley began to pray over and over again, "Help me listen and obey, help me listen and obey."
Just today I found myself waking last night (4:45 am) to one of the most vivid dreams I have had in a long while. One of the families in my class is having some difficulty. They were so much on my heart that in my dream I was praying for them/their marriage/their family. So vivid was this dream that I had to act on it. I woke up shaking. I got out of bed and begin to pray. I prayed for 45 minutes for each member of the family.
Then again at work when talking with a friend about the upcoming weekend. I found myself asking do you want to pray about that. This is so out of character for me. I pray but it is always silent and NEVER where others can hear.
I know that God is going to do some amazing things. I am refreshed by the prayers that I have shared with others. So in this, I pray now...
1 comment:
What a nice post Amy. Prayer is so important, thank you for sharing this. Would you email me at sealavender@myfairpoint.net I'd really like to use something you wrote at Christian Paper Crafts, but want your permission. Thanks so much.
Abby
Post a Comment