Saturday, April 16, 2011

Scrappy time!


I am so excited that I actually scrapped pictures instead of projects.  I feel that the only thing I have scrapped lately is projects.  I completed three layouts.  I love page maps.  They are always a starting point, but my layouts NEVER look like the map.  I guess that is okay.








This one makes me laugh b/c this is not their LATEST mud adventure.  This is their second one.  I have tried scrapping these pictures for months and have never found the right paper.  The colors in the pictures are so vibrant I have had a really hard time with it. I don't know if these really work but I am satisfied with them.  Not happy just satisfied.




I don't know if it is good or bad but all my pictures seem to have a story to tell.  I like that.  I wish I knew the little stories from my childhood that would help me to remember the "happy & good" times instead of just the bad stuff.   I hope that 20 years from now my kids and grandkids feel the same way that I do.  B has always loved ducks.  I found this cute book for his birthday Called Super Duck.  We have read it and read it and read it.  One day B got his stuffed duck and said "AH, he no super duck."  I had just the solution.  I took some left over material from Dusty's cape and made two small super capes.  They were perfect for B's favorite stuffed animals.  One for his duck and one for his monkey.  Now, almost a year later those have become one of his favorite toys.  He has put them on every stuffed animal he owns.  They even make an occasional appearance on his sister's babies.
 
My first sale on my Etsy site.  I am SO excited.  Not just for the sale, but because I LOVE making things for other people.  This was a special request.   I hope she likes it as much as I do.






1 comment:

Caroline said...

Old stuff sounds great, get using your stash :)