Saturday, May 7, 2011

Crop at church

Church held a crop for National Scrapbook day.  There were five of us.  The other four women have been scrapping together since the early 90's.   I loved to hear their stories.  To hear how they could pick up a picture and between the four of them figure out the "time" of the picture based on who was in the picture and what they were wearing.  I have been praying for years to find a few families that will do this thing called life we us.


I went to the crop not with pictures but with yet another project.  I am struggling with teaching my kids how to pray.   I want them to know that prayer is  more than just bless us, thank you's and give me's.  I looked on-line and found  the Prayer Hand by the Navigators.  I thought it was perfect.  But in looking I also found one that listed it more as "who" to pray for and not how to pray. So, I created my own that used both.

Here is what I came up with.  I tore apart a $1.00 photo album so that they would not destroy the pages.  (That is what happened last time.)
Cover: Jeremiah 29:12 and 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.
PG 2: Praise, Voicing my wonder about who God is Psalms 146:1-2 and Psalms 34:1-3
PG 3: Thanksgiving, Thanking God for what he has done for me.
PG4: Confession, agreeing with God about my sin, 1 John 1:9
PG5: Intercession, praying for others, Ephesians 6:18-19, Colossians 4:12
PG6: Who do I pray for?  Those closets to my heart--my family and friends, Those who point out things we don't always see--my teachers, those who lead--president, world leaders, soldiers
Those who are weak, lost, and can not stand alone--pray for the weak, sick, and unsaved.
PG7: Petition, Asking for my needs, Psalm 5:3 and 1 Samuel 1:27
PG8: Listening, 1 Samuel 3:10
After using them for a few days, I rearranged the kids to this list.  It just seemed to put the part about who we prayed for with the intercession.  I have really enjoyed them.






I gave them to the kids with a new basket for each of them to keep their bible in.  They were Easter leftovers.  $3 for both baskets.  I love them.  The kids have had them a little over a week and we have used them EVERY night on their request.  I love it!

I liked them so much that I ended up making enough for the baby gifts that I will need over the summer.  I hope they like them as much as I do.


No comments: