Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fall ECAO Conference

So, I am trying to decide what to teach at the fall conference. I did two "presentations" this year. This is so out of my comfort zone that it is not even funny. Both of them were on the same topic: Beginning family literacy night at school. I really don't know which one was better. I wish I had the feed back from the conference but no such luck. Anyway, I am toying with the idea of doing something that incorporates my passion for scrapbooking. I use a lot of scrapbooking stuff in class. Here are a few of the things I have done over the last few years.
A valentine card

I have scraps to make birthday cards.

We made blessing boxes one year.



One year we made thank you cards and sold them for a small fund raiser to buy a hand bell set for music class (one that we Pre-k 4 could use).


This year we made who love you books for our christmas presents. We drew the pictures and wrote the names.

We have made Christmas ornaments and decorated our own "journals."


The last two years we have made cards for the Children's hospital. (I can't find those pictures.) But, do I have enough? Can I talk about projects that you can do with scrapbooking in the classroom for an hour? What other projects could I do? I have two weeks to decided on my seminar topic. (If you have any other ideas, please leave them in the comments. Thanks!)

3 comments:

Jill said...

I think that scrapbooking is a great topic. Many people may want to know "why", so that alone can take some time to explain. A friend had this quote from Kurt Vonnegut on her FB page a few days ago, and it can definitely pertain to why scrapbooking can be such an important endeavorl:

“The arts are not a way to make a living. They are a very human way of making life more bearable. Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven’s sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possibly can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something.” — Kurt Vonnegut

Jill said...

endeavor, rather. :)

Unknown said...

Love that quote Jill posted, and I think that incorporating your love for scrapping would be a great topic.