Wednesday, June 23, 2010

faith Sisters



But, today I am caught up!
Here is today's challenge at faith sisters. I really thought this challenge was well planned in timing. Cyndi explained to us this weekend in community group about her faith box. It is a shadow box that holds "mementoes" of God's fingerprints in your life. Dusty and I talked about making one and then I checked this weeks challenge. What a perfect topic! Joshua 4:1-9 (hidden journaling) & Deuteronomy 6:4-9 are two sets of verses of where the idea of a faith box comes from. Here is my journaling: "For my kids, husband, family and friends, I want to be the kind of woman that speaks of God and his faithfulness. I want to show others his love. I don't want faith to be part of life. So, we will create a faith box. I asked Dusty what three things--not me or the kids--would he put in the box. A shoestring and a piece of carpet. Those seem wonderful to me. The shoelace b/c I said yes and married him (to get down on one knee he told me his shoe was untied). The carpet b/c out house was the 3rd house we looked at. It was perfect for us. I will add a SJN emblem, and a picture of Chris. It will be interesting to see what the box will look like in 10 years, 20 years, 50 years. (june 2010)"

No comments: