I thought I would do a top ten but I am not sure that I want to stop there. So let's just say, somethings that make me very happy right now.
1. Both my kids are asleep. (They don't seem to stay asleep at the same time these days. I am not getting much done.)
2. My husband mopped the floors yesterday. I can still smell the murphy's oil soap. I LOVE that smell.
3. My husband is on his way home from work.
4. Charlie saw a policeman in uniform tonight at a birthday party. She started past him, got to her seat and turned around. "I just want to tell you something. Thank you for keeping us safe." And she gave him a big hug. She wasn't prompted. And, I have never been so proud of her (well, at least for today.)
5. Brantley's smile. I just love that kids smile!
6. Tonight Charlie asked if she could have a stencil. I said she would have to wait until I got B to sleep before I could get them down. "No, mom, You can be my stencil." I was a little confused. After further investigation I realized that she was talking about a model not a stencil. So I sat ever so still. And she examined me over to make sure that she had just the right line. She drew me. She made me take my glasses off so she could look at my eyes and then had to make sure that she added freckles to her picture. "It wouldn't be you without freckles, Mommy." I just love her picture!
7. I am almost finished w/ mapping. I only have May to go!!!
8. My birthday is next week. I am looking forward to my party. I am doing things a little different this year. I invited friend over to pray. I have really been feeling that God is calling me to pray. Pray often, and pray much. I have always prayed. It has not been consistent. That has changed in the last year or so. God is doing some amazing things in my life. I can't wait to see the final product. (Okay, I may never see that product but at least I can wish.)
9. I finally learned my verse today. I have been working on it for a week. I finally remember it. Isaiah 41:10
10. I am out of ice cream. (I know can you believe that this is a good thing.) I have been trying to lose weight since school was out. I would like to lose 20lbs before school starts back in Aug. I weighed 258 the last week in May. I am now at 249. 9 lbs!!! That is why I am excited to be out of ice cream.
11. I am blessed with wonderful friends and family and even though I battle loneliness God has never NEVER left me.
12. I am learning that when I feel lonely I need to pick up the phone and call the first person I am thinking about...maybe, just maybe they are feeling lonely too. I need to look more to others and less to myself (especially when I feel lonely).
13. Tomorrow is father's day. I am amazed daily at the amazing father my kids have. An answer to prayer and an incredible blessing from God.
So, What are your tops for the day?
3 comments:
LOve your list!!
The idea to have a prayer party is fab!
Congrats on losing weight, I'm the heaviest I've ever been and HAVE to do something about it.
Right now I'm thankful for our upcoming trip home!!
{hugs}
I love your list too! I especially liked the drawing Charlie did of you and really wish you'd have the guts to post the pic online :) Also, I think the picking up the phone and calling the first person you think of is a good idea...I know from when I've been through my bouts of depression (and they were doozies), I've learned that when I feel that darkness edging on, FIND someone to chat with. Just enough time to stay the darkness :) And the weight thing? Hey, awesome...I'm going to facebook you a site that another "friend" posted about that she really likes.
And I put "friend" in quotes because she is one of those FB friends that really I have nothing in common with, but I friended her out of some dumb reason. Just didn't want you to think I was air quoting our friendship :)
Post a Comment