



About a year ago, I read about an acitivity to help a child learn to focus and to pay better attention. The object was to use garage sales and thrift stores to create a mix-match tea set to have tea parties with. Charlie LOVES tea parties. We have spent the last year looking at different garage sales trying to find the "perfect" tea cups for her mix-match set. We spent $3.50 on the this set. I love how each cup is different, each cup unique. This weekend I made the table cloth and "fancy" napkins for her as well as curtains for her room. D says the curtains are for me so that she will sleep later and not for her. I say who cares. She loves them and I get to sleep later. :) Charlie's video is a huge guilt trip. "I am annoyed b/c no one accepts my invitation for a cup of tea." I have declined several times over the last two days b/c I was making "fancy" napkins and new curtains for her room. So, we had a spot of tea after the video and before bed. I that she remembers these moments and not just the moments where I am the mom that constantly reminds her to behave, to use her manners, and to pick up and return things to their place.
2 comments:
aww that is too cute. Interesting idea I have never heard of that technique before.
she is so cute.
Sasha
http://sassysasha.typepad.com
Too cute! What a great idea!!
Post a Comment