In car coming home from dance class this evening she says, "Hey Mom, did you know that the people bammed Jesus hands with nails and put him on the cross."
"Yes, I did know that. He died for you and me."
Score one for mom. She was listening when we talked about Jesus dying for our sins in cubbies.
Fast forward a few miles, "Mom, look at those monsters in the trees. They are going to get us."
"What should we do?" I love those questions where I throw it back at her to see what she really knows or what she comprehends.
"We should pray for God to help us defeat them and make us brave. God, help us to defeat the monsters and make us very brave. Thank you God. Amen."
Score two for her praying to be brave. I tried this when for who knows how many times I had went into her room to get the "alligator, monsters, two dragons, the dinosaur, and the goblin (all in various locations around the house). Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Score three for her remembering our conversation when we read the story of David and Goliath.
I must be doing something right.
2 comments:
You are raising such a precious child! You and Dusty should be proud of your wonderful parenting!!!
Isn't that one of the best feelings in the world? Yippee for you!
Post a Comment