"Oh, but Mommy he misses God too much." With Charlie you just never really know what she is going to say, how it connects, or if it even makes sense. So the discussion goes...
"What do you mean?"
"Mommy, you remember when Brantley was in your tummy?"
"Yes, I remember. What does that have to do with him having to die or missing God?"
"Mommy (she giggles) when brother was in your tummy he was with God. Now he misses God so he has to die."
Now I get the connections that she is making. But before I explain I need to tell you that we never talked about Brantley being with God while he was in my tummy. We just said that he was in my tummy. I am blown away by her figuring out that before he was with us he was with God. Okay, back to the connections:
1--Brantley was once with God.
2--He now misses God.
3--When you die (Socks and Oh' Grandma Rosetta) you go to heaven to be with God.
4--If Brantley dies he will go to heaven to be with God.
I get her connections but we talked long and hard about how God gave us Brantley as a gift to live here on earth until God is ready for him. (And that is NO TIME SOON.)
I just keep going back to that verse that talks about God not giving us more than we can handle with him. I am so glad he is here b/c if I was doing this parenting thing on my own I would have been scared out of my mind that my three year old wanted her brother dead.
Thank you God for your wonderful guidance of finding out what she was talking about instead of getting on to her for talking about killing her brother.
No comments:
Post a Comment