Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Prayer cards for kids

I don't know that I will ever finish with these. When Charlie was little I made her a poster that we used at prayer time to pray for family members. She called it her "bless you's." I really want my kids to know what my family looks like and this was my solution.
I soon realized that though this was a good idea it did not work for us. It did not allow for when my brother got married or when Dusty's sister had a baby. So I came up with a concept that is a little bit different.
We would use cards instead. As a family grew we would either use the back of the card or add a card. It is a much easier living document this way. Here are a few more cards for the kids: My mom (Nana), My dad and stepmom (Pappaw & Mammaw), My niece Erin (on my dad's side), and Dusty's grandpa. I used an old picture that had Dusty's grandma in it so that Charlie would not forget her and Brantley would ask about her one day.
I really can't wait till I am finished with these things. So far some cards have pictures, some cards are not full, and some cards have bible verses. I just love them.

No comments: