Two years ago when Charlie turned four she wanted a princess, knight, and dragon party. So, to decorate I bought two white sheets. On one, I painted a castle. On the other a dragon. This dragon has hung in our hallway for two years now. C has slowly played with him less and less. B on the other hand now LOVES to fight the dragon. Yesterday, he placed a doll at the dragon's feet and said, "Momma, I gonna saved the princess from the dragon."
He put on his knight costume. He grabbed his sword and his horse. I had to laugh when he told me that he needed his fireman hat to protect him from the dragon's fire. And set off on a quest to save the princess from the scary dragon.
He had a great time. About 10 minutes into fighting the dragon he noticed for the first time the fire extinguisher hanging on the wall. (I am a bit of a safety girl. I have one in the hall and one in the kitchen.)
"Momma. What is that red fing?"
"That is a fire extinguisher."
"Why that for?"
"That is to put out a fire."
"You have it by the dragon in case his fire not pretend?"
What a great mind he has! I never even put two and two together. I just laughed. When Charlie got home he had to show her how the fire extinguisher is "to make the dragon not have fire. But it is not for play with."
After the party when Charlie wanted to play with the dragon I would use push pins to hang it in the hall way. They kept coming out when she would hit the dragon. My incredible husband thought of this. They are hung up on clamps and coffee cup hooks. When it is not in use we just take down one side of the dragon. I take the dragon to school when we are doing our fairy tale unit and for St. George and the dragon's feast day.
No comments:
Post a Comment