Monday, May 30, 2011

I guess she listens.

A few months ago, Charlie told me in one of her "moments" that she hates me.  After she had calmed down we talked about those words.  Okay, I talked.  I told her that I know she really doesn't mean it.  I told her that "Satan" likes for us to say things like that because they are words that can never be taken back.  We can ask for forgiveness.  We can be forgiven.  But, the words are not ones that can be taken back.  I also told her that they are words that "Satan" likes to replay in our heads.

I didn't think anything of it.  I know that she is a kid and to her "hate" is the worst thing she can say.

Tonight in the car Brantley told Charlie "I not love you no more."

She said through tears, "Those are words that can NEVER be forgiven."

I asked what she was talking about.

"Mommy, Satan made him say that and now I can NEVER forgive him."

I immediately knew what she was talking about.  I guess she was listening.

So, we talked again.  Those are words that can never be taken back but they can be forgiven.

In B's words.  "I not no love you no more sister.  I love you."

1 comment:

Marsha Fisher said...

We think that we are doing all of the impacting on our kids...but it is AMAZING how God will grow US in the process! Sweet story :0)