Sunday, May 15, 2011

Project Life-2nd April post

 
 April 13th:  Dusty bought the kids a new swing.  Now they fight over the blue one.  I resorted to mom's solution.  Charlie has even days.  Brantley has odd days.  Every day C asks is today an even.  Every day B sits on the blue swing chanting.  "I odd, I odd, I odd."  I know his meaning but it just makes me giggle.
April 14th: This is Monica.  She has been a gift from God this year.  She watches the kids on Thursday afternoons for me.  Her daughter Bella was in my class last year.
 April 15th:  Today was a VERY windy day in Oklahoma.  So windy in fact that it took our trampoline and blew it over the fence into the next door catty-corner backyard neighbor's backyard.  Brantley was trying to lasso it back into the yard.

April 16th:  We made soft pretzels to surprise Daddy.  I love that B's tongue is sticking out.

April 17th:  We found ladybugs!
 April 19th:  Charlie wanted to take pictures of Dusty and me.  Dusty wanted more pretzels so we made them together.
April 21st:  This is the part of being a working mom that I hate.  Charlie had a zoo trip on the 22nd,  Good Friday.   I did not feel that it was right for me to take the most "important" day in our school year off, so she went without anyone.  I know that she was/is fine but I really wanted to go with her.  I think I went overboard on her lunch to make up for it.  I had a blast stamping her sack.  I wrote rebus sentences on each of her bags so she could read them.  Which she did not.  Dusty gave her two drinks.  I laugh at how "not" typical her lunch was.
April 22nd:  Good Friday.  We had a great time being the Easter Bunny to several friends.  This year we left 12 eggs filled with pieces to tell the story of crucifixion.  We had a great time collecting things for our resurrection eggs and even more fun hiding them.
April 23:  We died our eggs.  This was not fun to do with a 2 year-old.  I love this picture though because it shows his concentration.  Can you see his little tongue sticking out of his mouth?

April 24th:  The Easter Bunny!  He brought them chocolate and a Bible.  The kids were so excited.  We got up and made Resurrection biscuits.

April 25th:  The reason for our trip to Bass Pro,   Dusty's new gun.


April 26th:  B dressing sharp for dinner at the "restaurant." He loves those silly shoes.  Daddy was the cook.  I got to re-visit my waitress days.



April 29th:  Mommy was VERY tired today.  The kids watched TV while Mommy took a nap.






April 30th:  We went to dinner at PF Changs with our friend Mark and Shaa.  We really enjoy spending time with these two wonderful people.

No comments: