Friday, May 27, 2011

God's gifts

Here is the link to my faith formation today.  I am behind as usual but I don't think this link would have meant as much to me when I should have read it as to when I read it today.  Today was the last day of school for the year.  And, each year, I send my precious group of kids off to Kindergarten wondering if I was "good" enough.  Wondering if I gave them the foundation they need to succeed in school.  And yes, I know that their success or failure does not fall completely on my shoulders.
I read this passage.
1 Peter 4:10
Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms.

Was I a good steward of those 24 special little guys that God placed in my care?  Did I faithfully follow God's plan for them?  Did I use the gifts God gave me in the way He desired me to use them?

What are the gifts I have received through God's grace?

I am a good teacher.  Not great.  Not incredible.  Not "the best."  But I am a good teacher.  (And then I have my days when I am a not so good teacher.)
I pray each child knows how very much I love him/her.  I pray they remember that I listening to their "news" each morning.  I pray that they get that I love my job.  I pray that the little things like the nap fairy matter.   I pray that they remember that I prayed with them each and every day.  I pray more than anything that even with all my mistakes they (and their parents) see that Jesus is in my heart.  I pray that you can see Jesus in me.

What are some ways that I use my gifts to serve others?
I don't know that I do, but I pray that the answer to that question is YES.

So, at the end of another year, I pray that God continue to make me into the kind of teacher he wants me to be.  I pray that each year I bring families and kids closer to him with my own walk of faith.  I pray that each year I become a better teacher.  I pray that my mistakes are not so big that it causes someone else to stumble. I pray "Holy Sprit, source of inspiration, help me to claim the gifts God has given me.  Let me discover how my gifts may be used in service to others.  Allow my service to be that of  a Pre-K teacher."

1 comment:

Marsha Fisher said...

These are prayers that the bring Glory to God and ones that He will surely answer! TFS and may you have a blessed summer :0)