Saturday, July 3, 2010

Scrappy stuff


Here is my DT layout for Faith sisters. I made this for my room instead of a layout for my book.


I am not good at remembering to be consistent w/ details. I know this about myself and so when I had my kids I was determined not to have a "baby book" that would be empty w/ the exception of sporadic entries. Instead I have a journal for each child. A journal that I write in randomly. I might write what they did that day, a top 10 things list that I love about them, some of their favorites or things they are saying at the time. I knew that with the randomness of me, I could handle this. I was talking about this with a friend. She said it was a great idea and that she needed to get some journals for each of the kids. I surprised her last Sunday w/ one for each of her three kids and an extra for the one they are beginning the adoption process on. I know it seems silly, but I just love doing stuff like this.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Journaling is a great idea -- and someday you'll be SO glad that you did this. I document the snippets of conversations and statements of our daily life, because I know I won't remember them someday.

Valerie said...

I LOVE what you are doing with those journals - it's so important to get that info on paper. What a lovely gift to give, too.
Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. Science Hat Day was each 1st grader had to design a hat based on a topic the class had studied that year. The student could choose - then there was a parade through the school. It was very cute - loved seeing the different hats (lots of butterflies, but also penguins on icebergs, underwater scenes, flowers..etc.) Very cute & the kids had so much fun.