Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!



I had the best day! Dusty took the day off to spend with me. He wanted it to be perfect. It was! While Dusty made breakfast, scrambled eggs and toast (my favorite) the kids and I cuddled on the couch and watched nick jr. Who cares what we watched. We just had a great time cuddling. We ate breakfast as a family and then cleaned up together. While I went to pick up the babysitter. Dusty cleaned the kitchen. Darby came and sat w/ the kids while we went to the Mall for Chinese. Yes, I LOVE the orange chicken from the Chinese place in the food court at the Quail Springs Mall. We got Orange Julius for the ride home. The kids and I went to a Stephen Fite concert (He is one of my favorite kids musicians.) at the library while Dusty mopped the floors and baked cakes (and snacks for later) and made dinner. We ate meatloaf for dinner and lemon cake with lemon icing for dessert. And then I headed out to my "room". I had three amazing women over: Susan, Kristen, and Laurie. (I am sad that none of the pictures turned out) They prayed for me: Me as a mom, Me as a wife, Me as a friend, Me as a teacher, Me. It was one of the most amazing things I have been a part of. I am so thankful that the Lord has put prayer on my heart. And, I prayed for each of them, my friends. I pray that God will continue to work with them in my life. I pray that as this year goes by I will have the chance to get to know each of them a little better. And then after our pray time, we ate yummy fruit stuff (Hawaiian Delight from Pamper Chef w/ different fruit), brownies, and Crystal light peach tea and played Imagine If while we visited. When they left Dusty and I cuddled on the couch and watched Deadliest Catch. It was the perfect day full of life and blessings from the Lord. The perfect birthday. Hello 33 I am ready for the amazing blessings that the Lord has for me.

No comments: