Thursday, May 27, 2010

my silly kids & walking the dog

C: "Mom"
B: "Mommy"
ME: "Yes."
C: "Can we take the dogs for a walk?"
B: "AcK"
ME: "We don't have dog."
C: "Yes, we do. Shorts and Pants."
See I have this incredibly silly little girl that has the BEST pet names ever. She named her bunny Socks, her class frog at school Bubbles, and her stuffed dog Shorts. She calls this dog Short Shorts. Brantley has spent months carrying around this silly dog. So, one day Dusty bought him a dog. Dusty and Charlie decided to name him Long Pants. So, we do have two dogs: Short Shorts and Long Pants.
This evening we went on a walk, the five of us: Charlie with Short Shorts, Brantley with Long Pants and me. These two dogs were very good dogs they only barked a few times. Once at a neighbor dog. They barked until that dog barked back and scared the snot out of Charlie and Brantley. They barked once at a squirrel. I can just imagine what that squirrel must have been thinking. :) They were the best behaved dogs. They laid down on the bench while the kids played. When it was time to go home they felt it necessary to pee on the fire hydrant down the street. I can not tell you how funny we must have looked the two kids holding their stuffed puppies up to a fire hydrant hissing between giggles. Oh, the things that I do b/c I have a creative kid. And B, that sweet boy does everything his sister does and it just melts my heart. He loves her so much. I am dreading the day when he no longer follows her around like a little lost puppy.

1 comment:

mommy2alex said...

They are so imaginative! That is the cutest story!!