Since this is my blog and things that I want to remember this is one.
Sometimes as a teacher (or as anything really) we do not always hear the good stuff. And, to quote Pretty Woman, "The bad stuff is easier to believe." I received this sweet note from a parent this evening. And here is the kicker. I spent three nights making these beads b/c I am too cheap to buy the amount of wooden beads I would have needed for this project. I used this site invest in kids for the beads. The first batch I baked I did not make a big enough hole. I started to throw them away and D said he had a solution. (This shows yet another reason I have the BEST husband in the world.) He got out his drill and drilled a bigger hole in 150+ beads so I would not have to make more.
Once the beads were baked I used sharpies to draw the following pictures a palm leaf, bread & wine, praying hands, chains, nail, cross, 123, butterfly and a heart. The idea was that the kids would use the pictures to retell the story of Easter. And this idea was SO stolen from my very good friend Mrs. Bassett.
So, today my kids made necklaces w/ their Friday friends (fourth grade). Each Pk kid told the story to their buddy. I am just so excited to see them do this. And then to get this note. Yeah! Praise God that the families see how much their kids have learned. And praise God that I finally listened and followed his calling.
Mrs. Johnson,
I just want to say thank you for all you and Miss Ann have done this
year for our children, especially during this Lenten season. M has
really taken hold of the meaning of Easter, which is truly amazing! In
fact, today during her well check visit she wore the Passion necklace
you made for your students. When Dr. V asked her about it, she
told the story of Jesus' crucifixation and resurrection per each bead,
ending with the heart and God's love for us. He was in awe!
This would not have happened without your and Miss Ann's dedication
and commitment to our children's religious/Catholic education. We are
very fortunate that our children have the opportunity to blend their
academic learning with morals, values and faith.
Thanks again, and I wish everyone a blessed Easter!
1 comment:
You are an amazing teacher, so glad that you were recognized for your efforts! Also glad that God blessed you with a husband who is supportive of all that you do, what a blessing you are to each other and your children!
Have a wonderful Easter! :)
Post a Comment