Saturday, March 27, 2010
Bedtime Blessings & Dr. John Trent
First of all, let me say that I HATE going outside my comfort zone. Last August I taught a session at the ECAO annual conference. I did not have the money to go to the conference so I taught a session. I got free entry into the conference and they covered another session. I thought I was horrible. Someone in my class did not think so. She asked me to present at the annual Advocacy Conference in Enid in March. If the first one was outside my comfort zone the second was more so. I said yes. I went to that conference today. I again think I did a horrible job. Who knows? I again chose to present on the family nights that I (with two fellow teachers) have hosted for the last three years. And, while I was getting ready for the conference, I sent an e-mail to Dr. John Trent the author of a set of books called Bedtime Blessings asking for permission to use a few of his blessing in my presentation. Not only did he say yes, but he offered to send me the newest version of both books. I am so excited b/c I gave my copies away to a friend a few months back. Bedtime Blessings I am so excited! How incrediblly kind was that? I did not expect it at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment