Saturday, April 24, 2010
Runny Babbit
I have been working this weekend on my DT work for FaithSisters. Our challenge last week was to do a layout on your favorites. After really sitting down and thinking about my favorites I couldn't come up with songs or bands or movies or anything but books. Which made me remember a comment my mom made a couple months ago. "I don't really remember you as a kid. Just that you always had a book. You were a big book worm." I don't think about myself being a book worm. And then I remember, Yes, I did read the entire babysitters club series. Oh, and the Sweet Valley High series, I read those 153 books. I remember Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys too. I remember a few titles from some book club that I belonged to (thank you so much mom for that sacrifice). I would wait on pins and needles for each months new title and devour it when it came in. When I went to college I gave away all my babysitters club books and sweet valley high but I kept a handful of those book club books. The ones that I just loved. Tonight I pulled another favorite of mine to read to Charlie. I remember spending hours laughing at Shel Silverstein. It is complelety different now as a parent enjoying his silliness with. Charlie loves to speak in sounds. "Mom, lets use L. Lommy Lould Lou Live Le La Link." Because of this we started with his book published after his death in 1999. So, tomorrow before we read a few more poems Charlie has decided that she does not want to be a "Ploppy Sig" and will "Rean her Cloom." It is great to giggle with her. And, my super smart girl got most of what Shel was saying. We have five of his books to work through. It is going to be a blast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my, I totally did NOT read Sweet Valley High. I thought I was above that. I remember two sets of favorites...a series called Sisters, about 3 sisters in CA and their names were Molly, the sporty girl, and Nicole. And then the other set of books was the dance books, Summer Dance, Winter Dance, Spring Dance...there were several. About 4 or 5 girls who just wanted the one perfect evening. One of hte girls was mean though....I remember that.
Before those, I was into the Little House boo. Over and over and over again. And Anne of Green Gables. Over and over and over again.
Post a Comment