
I usually write about Charlie and sometimes Brantley (I think this will be more when he learns how to talk). But today I need to write about my husband. He was an answered pray. I prayed long and hard for many years that I would find a man that was an amazing father. And I have one in spades!! I just felt very "drawn" to document some of my husbands wonderful qualities. Sunday night B woke up with a fever in the middle of the night. For the last few days he had been sticking his fingers in his ear when he got out of the shower. So, Monday morning rolled around and Dusty called saying he was running 103.4 and they had just gotten home from shopping. He gave him some Mortin and put him to nap. We called the Pediatrician. They one appointment it was 11 am on Tuesday. There was no way to get him to the dr and Charlie picked up from school so we took B to the after-hours clinic. We were in and out in 45 minutes. How is that for fast? He had an ear infection. He is almost 17 months and this is the first time we have had to take him to the dr for anything but shots or well baby. So once we got home and the kids to bed I started working on report cards. Dusty, wonderful man that he is, brought me my very favorite hot chocolate French Vanilla. It is a tad expensive for my taste so I never buy it. He sets it down in front of me and says "I knew you would be busy tonight." (Reason 1) So when I got home Tuesday from school (Reason 2) my house was spotless. He picked up B's mess, mopped the floors and cleaned the kitchen. He also had dinner on the table (Nachos). Then he helped put the kids to bed so that I could finish report cards. Wednesday when he and the kids got to SJN Charlie was complaining of her head hurting and not feeling good. She looked very pale and was very warm. I went straight home. (Reason 3) Dusty was late to work so that I could have five minutes to gather all my stuff and he put the kids in the car. Charlie threw up b/f we were even 1/4 mile away from the school. She threw up one more time that evening and ran a fever into the next day. Wednesday night on his way home from work he stopped at the store to pick up a few "sick" necessities. (I remember my grandmother always having these on hand. My kids never get sick, so I never have them) (Reason 4) He also came home with "sick" toys. Anytime Charlie is sick he brings her something. So, he had a puppy for Charlie (She named him shorts. How cute is that?) and a frog for B. (Reason 5) He slept in the chair so that I could get a little bit of sleep for school the next day. He decided he was going to call in the next day b/c she was sick. (Who does that?) He wants to be with the kids when they are sick. He is such a great dad. I am the one that never takes off b/c Dusty is here with them and there is no need for two of us to be here. There are some days when I feel like a horrible mom for that but I also am the work-a-holic in our family. He ended up going to work b/c school was canceled. We were out of power. (Reason 6) He puts the kids coats in the dryer so that they will be warm before going outside like an electric blanket (Charlie is obsessed with them right now.) (Reason 7) He brought snacks today for the kids and me b/c he couldn't remember what our schedule was. He thought maybe we would like to get a special snack. I am just overwhelmed on a daily basis by how blessed I am to have a wonderful man in my life. Thank you God for answering my prayers beyond my wildest dreams. I love you. Dusty.
3 comments:
Wow! He is an answered prayer! You have an amazing husband! Lucky you!
This makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. A good man really is hard to find, and for those of us who have been blessed enough to find good men, it's so important to recognize that blessing. :)
That is a wonderful answer to your prayer!! You and your children deserve all that love and I KNOW that you all give him so much love in return!! I'm so glad that you have not only a friend but a true soul mate to spend the rest of your life with!!
Post a Comment