Our weekend was very busy. Thursday Dusty primed the whole room. Friday morning he painted the ceiling. Friday night I painted the dark purple.
Here was my idea. Dark purple and white. The more I got to thinking the more I thought that white walls with young kids was just a bad idea. Especially in a room that is dubbed the "craft" room. We will be painting and playing play dough. I then thought that instead of white we would use a light purple. 
It turned out really well until we had to go get an extra quart. It took the guy three tries to get the right color and guess what it wasn't right. Can you tell? Is it worth another $15 and another gallon of paint? Can the light cover the one that is just a shade darker? Who knows. I decided that I do not want to spend the money. I do not want to take the chance that when we cover it with the light it will not cover. I do not want to paint the whole room that darker shade. I know stupid but I just don't want to deal with it. So I will walk in and hate it but bless the guy that was so incredibly sweet and tried really hard to match the paint.

Dusty put in the floor, the trim and the door frame today. Isn't it beautiful! He is such a great guy. And he got the floor on an even better sale then what we originally thought. I love these floors. We put some in the house a little over 2 years ago and I just LOVE them!

Here is the finished product minus furniture. I will spend the week moving in furniture and scrapbook stuff. We are a little short on the cording that we are using for ceiling trim. They only had 19 yards and I needed 32. I had to order some more. It will be in sometime next week. I love how it turned out. This has been a very busy weekend. (And yes, I know it is Monday but we finished today.)
1 comment:
When do I get to come play in the craft room? I want to play! I would love to scrapbook, eh, sort-of scrapbook while you do the full on thing. Mostly I just want to sit in a crafty room and smell memories of when I had the time and energy to be crafty....
Post a Comment