Saturday, April 11, 2009

Cousin'ing

I read that word in an kids article years ago and it has just stuck. Cousining--action verb--The act of playing/spending time with your cousins. I would have to say that is Charlie's favorite thing to do. Cousining--The act of playing with your cousins. At any particular time t cousining he cousins do not have to be similar or enjoy similar things to enjoy. I thought that was interesting. The article also talked about how it didn't matter how long goes between the time that two cousins see each other it is always instant friends for that moment in time even if they would not be friends if they were not cousins. We say two of the three Browning boys Wednesday Night. Brantley was so incredibly sweet with Cale. Cale was crying. Brantley crawls over to him and starts rubbing his head. He leaned down and slobbered on his head. (In baby language that is it's okay, how about a kiss.)
Now Charlie on the other hand, she and Gant wouldn't eat dinner. Who can be bothered with eating when there are grand adventures to go on? The two of them played out in the front yard for 3 1/2 hours. When I showed up after 2 1/2 hours Charlie told me to go home she wasn't ready to go yet. Now if that doesn't sound like a good dose of cousining I don't know what is.

1 comment:

Kristin and Co. said...

I love that. My kids don't have much in the way of cousins (2 in Montana) and I had 37 on my dads side and one on the other side. But I really didn't see them. BUT I do know someone to pass this on to....