Wednesday, April 15, 2009

You are the best

The September after I had Charlie I attended the ECAO (Early Childhood Association of Oklahoma) Annual Conference at UCO (University of Central Oklahoma). At this conference the Keynote speaker was a lady by the name of Maryann Harmon. She introduced me to this wonderful book by Dr. Becky Bailey. As well as purchasing this book I also purchased many of her CD's. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this book. It really helps me when I am so frustrated with Charlie. The idea is that you use or create your own rituals that show your kids that you love them. Anyway, I just love her (Mar Harmon's) Music. I had to have become an early childhood educator because I love kids music so much. On one of her Cd's she has the this song called your the best. Charlie belted out with it at dinner time:
You're the best mommy in the world.
I'm so glad your my girl
I love you so
and in case you didn't know
your the best mommy in the world.

It just made my day. I know that sometimes I feel really silly singing all this "kids" stuff but it sure made my day today. So, just in case you haven't be told today...
You are the best _______ (mommy, sister, friend, grandma, cousin, ...) in the world.
Oh, and on a side note here is Mar's website...you should check out some of her stuff. We have Music w/ Mar, More music w/ Mar, Mr. Froggy's family, songs at my fingertips, songs for a great day. Songs for a great day has the song mentioned above as well as the clean up blues (great song folks). http://musicwithmar.com/shop/index.php?cPath=21

No comments: