Sunday, July 15, 2012

Goals for my kids

We have been reading Sheparding a Child's heart.  This week we read about the goals we have while raising our children.  I never really thought about it in those terms before.  I think up until this point my "goal" in raising my kids has been this.  I want my children to know God and get through childhood with as few "scars" as possible.  I guess that is not really one of the best goals.  I think this will be my new goal. 
2 Timothy 1:5  I have been reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice, and I am persuaded, now lives in you also. 
That really boils down to the goals that I have for my children.  I want the to KNOW God. To trust him.  To have a faith that can not be swade. Do I want them to be respectful, obedient, successful, loving, kind, smart (in problem solving and logic not necessarily in 4.0 GPA)?  Of course but I think that above all else, I want them to have a faith that will get them through life.  I want them to know that in God is comfort. I want them to know that in God is strength.  I want them to know that in God is life!
What are your goals for your kids?

No comments: