Saturday, July 7, 2012

10 Reasons


I was reminded this evening that without the stories my children have given me I would probably lead a VERY boring life.  I do think that is true, so in honor of my spunky kids...
10 Reasons I love Charlie
1.  She loves to be girly.  (Drives me crazy but I love to give her special little gifts that I know she will love.)
2.   She sees magic and wonder in EVERY LITTLE detail of the world, like Florida having straight tall trees.
3. She LOVES God and isn't afraid to let everyone know who he is and what he has done for them.
4.  She more than not points me to Christ reminding me that I am missing something but does it in a manner that really isn't rude and disrespectful but honest. 
5.  She has the BEST laugh.
6.  She loves to do special things for others to let them know that she loves them.
7.  She listens.  I mean really listens to what you are saying.
8.  She loves stories.  Not the ones found in books but the other ones, the oral ones about life. 
9.  She really takes to heart correction. She has such a repentant heart.
10.  She is mine!  All mine. She is creative, fisty, friendly, and I just LOVE her to pieces.
10 Reasons I love Brantley
1.  He LOVES life. 
2.  He loves to help (pick up toys, do dishes, sweep, mop, laundry.  He is going to make a great husband someday.)
3.  He says "Hey mom, I love you."  As he dashes out the door.  I am praying that I get random "Hey mom I love you" calls when he is an adult.
4.  He LOVES his sister.
5.  He loves to laugh.
6.  He sings EVERYTHING!  He knows the words to every song no matter if he has heard it   a 100 times or 1 time and ALL styles of music.
7. He says " I am going to put this in my music bucket mom." about anything that makes a sound.  He loves to bang things together or move them just so to get a sound out of them.
8. He just likes to be with the ones he loves.  To the point of suffocation at times, but, I love that he loves me!
9.  He likes to play the "I don't love you game." Which when he first began playing it I had no idea.  He says "I don't love you."  I say "That's okay, I love you enough for both of us."  He giggles, then he says "Now you say it."  I tell him "I am not going to tell you that I do not love you.  I don't every want you to think that it might be true."  He laughs and says "Yep you love me nuf for boff of us."
10.  He is mine!  And as I am writing this I got to thinking yes, he is all fast and loud and doesn't seem to know how to slow down.  I should have gotten some kind of warning from that while I was pregnant. Any time something with a beat (music) came on he would begin to turn summer saults.  His delivery was 3 hours start to stop.  He came before the bed was prepped.  He came before the doctor was in the hospital.  He came in just enough time for the nurse to catch him as she came in the door.  Why would I not think that he would live his life hard and fast. 

No comments: