Several years ago a family in my school was presented with some life changing news. A mother of one of my students was told that her mother had died. This mother was very active in their lives. When this family got this news, their friends just swept in and took complete control of things. Everyone was taken care of. I was devastated by this. I know it is a really silly thing to be upset about. I thought about who I would call if something horrible happened. I didn't really have anyone that I felt close enough to to "bother" them with my burdens. I was upset by this. The first person I call in an emergency should not be my boss.
So I began to pray for a family to live life with. I have prayed long and hard about this.
Tonight, the kids and I were at a birthday party. It did not feel like a birthday party. It felt like home. I was VERY glad that it was dark because several times I was over taken with thanksgiving, joy, happiness, and just PLAIN sap.
I am one of those people that often wonders what others think. I still have a daily battle of wills. I have the voice that tells me I am not good enough. That no one would even be interested in living life with me. And then I have the voice that tells me there is something special about me.
So tonight as I listened to the kids playing and the conversation of the adults, I realized that I was with a group of people who called my daughter eccentric and truly believe that she would not be anything else. A group of people who see my son full of energy , a Saint Bernard that doesn't realize that he has knocked you down but is licking your face with excitement instead. A group of people that enjoy me for me. I am so completely overwhelmed with joy and gratitude with the answered prayers. I have found the families that I want to live life with. And, I feel that they are willing to live life with us.
As I sit typing this I am crying. I just can't express how Amazing I see my God to be. He knew before I knew that things had to happen.
I am so incredibly thankful for God's amazing gift of friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment