Saturday, November 12, 2011

Never enough

I think I am battling depression.  I seem to be crying a LOT right now.  I cry a lot but lately it has been even more.  Tonight was another of those "never enough" nights.  I can not wait to get to heaven and be with Jesus.  Because I know that once there, I will never again have that never enough feeling.  I will be too focused on the Lord to worry about myself.  I have decided that my depression is just that selfishness.  I am just way too busy worried about myself.  That being said,  today was another "I'm not enough day."
-I did not get the house as clean as I wanted.
-I could not make B quit crying.
-C wanted only Daddy.
-Laundry did not get done.
-I dropped a cake pop.
- I was late--AGAIN!
-I can't find my keys.  Why can't I find my keys?  I don't know.  Maybe when I find my keys I will remember where I put them.
-D wanted to sleep ( I know I should not be upset by this.  He has not been sleeping well.  He requires 8 hours of sleep.  He got home super late.  He is working really late.  He did not sleep much the night before.)
-I put a pan in the wrong place.
-I did not put pumpkin in the french toast.
-I don't know where the space saver bags are.
-There are things in the kids craft closet that I did not know were there.
-I can't find the scissors.
- D cuddled with C and fell asleep.
-I hate the way my legs look.  I can't seem to look in the mirror and like what I see.
-My kids have no problem with me going anywhere that is away from them.
-I am going to the Auction by myself.
-I had a parent ask me if I was okay b/c I just seem like I might be getting sick.
-I got put at a table by myself.  (Well, not really.  I was with the Spanish teacher.)
I HATE days where I feel like this.  Where I feel left out.  Where I feel unwanted.  Where I feel as if no one would know/care if I were gone.  Where I feel as if I am not enough.  I HATE days where every little thing makes me defensive.  I HATE days where I am on the verge of tears.  I HATE days where I just don't feel as if I am enough.

I am forcing myself to repeat after each offense that God is enough.  His quite voice whispers I am enough after each one.  Especially the last one. I feel as if no one would care if I were gone.  "I, sweet beloved child, am ENOUGH!!! "

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Sweet girl, don't be discouraged. You said it, He is enough. Thank you for that reminder to me also. Don't let satan's voice in your head, instead listen for, and seek out His Truth. Thank you for your honesty. We all have days like this. I hope today is better for you. You are the best mom, and wife your family could have! :) love ya!