Sunday, October 16, 2011

Generosity

In church this morning Pastor Carlon talked about grace giving.  I have really been thinking tonight about all the times that I have seen true generosity.  The definition of generosity according to a very dear friend is that gift that you truly can not repay.  So, here is the list that has come to mind right now.  
* Thank you God, for the family that took a group of college girls out to lunch every week.  I have always wanted to be that couple later in life that just loves on those kids without families close by.  * Thank you God for my college room mate and her family that just welcomed me as part of their family.  
* Thank you God, for my college friends family that allowed me to live with them in their home for 9 months.  They have no idea how much that meant.  
* Thank you to the man with the family of five that stopped to change my tire for me when I was in college.  It was dark and rainy.  
* Thank you God for the neighbor three houses down that mowed our yard when I was pregnant with Charlie.
* Thank you God for the dear friend that got together with me once a week while I went through postpartum depression.  God has blessed me through her.  
* Thank you God for a place of work that allows my children to be dropped off each day so I don't have to pay day care. 
* Thank you for the sweet friend that placed $100 gift card in my mailbox when Dusty was between jobs.  
* Thank you to the friend that babysat my friends for me this summer so I could go to an interview when I could not find anyone else. 
* Thank you to the friend that made dinner on the one night that I had no idea when I would eat.  
* Thank you to the friend that took time out of her day just to say hi and see how I was doing.


Some of these things are BIG. Some of these things cost money. And some...gave time.  
I pray that I am obedient enough to hear the voice that says do this for her/him.  I pray that God helps me have a generous heart to be a grace giver. 

1 comment:

mommy2alex said...

That's a beautiful list. I want to be a person like the ones you thanked, giving and generous because that's what God has asked of us!
Have a great week!