I have seen this time and time again this last year.
I have really struggled over this last year with several things at church. I have stepped out in ways that are not usually me. This last struggle left me feeling that I might be looking for a new church. And yet, I could hear voices
"Don't do anything big and rash and extreme." from the Grief counselor.
"It sounds like "The Enemy" is really trying hard to get you out of someplace you really need to be." Cyndi speaking of a struggle earlier this year.
"I am not one to just walk away." from myself.
"I would HATE to see you leave." from Sheri.
"The devil tells us lies hoping we will believe them and not the truths that God says about us." from Amy.
"I want to talk with you more concerning... I have not seen your part as one of complainer." from Steve
"God will let you know what you need to do." from Dusty
"I wanted to extend an invitation to you..." from Kaye
These tid bits of conversation over the last little bit have just been such strength, such a strength of comfort. Nothing is resolved. And yet, I am comforted that God will provide the answers I seek.
And then he also provides relief. Today was one of those days where I just felt rushed. It was our curriculum night. I had 24 sets of parents waiting at my door this evening to hear about "their" classroom and what my expectations where. I had lost my binder. I couldn't find my information. I was stressing about getting packets put together. I was stressing about everything.
I can leave SJN at 3:45 go get B. Back to SJN to pick up C from Girl Scouts. Head to Ben's work (my father-in-law) drop kids off. Squeeze in dinner (have not idea where the time is going to come for this). Back to school. Finish stuffing packets. Give four 20 minute speeches to parents. Try to cram a year of information into 20 minutes without completely overwhelming the "newbies" since I teach "AP" pre-k.
Pick up kids by 9. Go to the store pick up medicine since B finished his allergy meds off this morning. Get the kids in bed at a decent hour. Then to work on the house: laundry, dishes, lunches, last of lesson plans for tomorrow, and bible study.
Yes, that kind of a day.
And God blessed me! I get to Mary's (I just LOVE this answered prayer) to pick up B. She said "I made you dinner. I just felt like it was something I needed to do." WHAT!!! I can not believe how much that simple thing touched my heart. Not only is she AMAZING with B. Not only does he LOVE her so much that he practically runs right into her house not even giving me a second glance but now, she makes me dinner. And, of all days on one of the most stressful busiest days of my year. I just looked at her. "I just can not believe that you would do this on the day I needed it most." I told her.
"God told me too."
I am so thankful that God has brought this amazing Godly woman into my life. I pray that I too can be the kind of woman that is obedient to that voice that tells you to do something. I want to be that kind of woman. I want to be the kind of woman that just makes everything better for someone. Even if it is something as small as a bowl full of delicious pasta. And now everyone who knows me can just stop laughing because yes I can cook pasta but I am much better and washing towels.
So, my prayer to you (my reader).
Is this: Sometime, in the time I will know you, let me be obedient to the voice of God when he tells me to step out in whatever way I need to to be a blessing to you. Even if that blessing is just one small moment.
2 comments:
My Dear Amy - You have far exceeded your one moment of blessing my life. There have been so many times that you have acted in response to what God is leading you to do and it has directly impacted me. You are a woman after God's own heart and I am blessed to call you friend.
Leslee
I'm glad to call you my friend!
I love reading your new posts, thank you for always sharing what's on your heart!!
{HUGS}
Post a Comment