I think that I have decided that 2011 is a year of stretching for me. I don't like being outside my comfort zone. I guess that is why it is called a comfort zone.
Things are crazy right now. I feel like my head is just below the water right now. I can step on my tip toes most day and catch a breath but that is about it. School started Thursday and while we had a great first 2 days I feel that I am WAY behind. I always send out welcome cards to this kids before the first day. Not this year. I always call the parents the first day of school and let them know how the day went. Not this year. I always have my friendship game out the first day and to the second set of parents. Not this year.
And now, I am just beside myself. I am a rule follower. I like rules. I do NOT like to break the rules. And, I would never asked for the rules to be changed b/c of me. And yet, I feel as if that is just what I am doing. I am not one to "buck" the system or ask for special consideration. And yet, that is just what I want done. How can someone who so strongly believes in rules and policies want something like that to be changed or amended. I have a HUGE decision to make over the next few weeks. I am not really sure what the decision will be. I don't really like very many of the options.
1) I can walk away for a few years. (THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANT!!!)
2) I can step away for a while. Trying to keep plugged in as best I can. But this pulls me away from my support system that I so DESPERATELY need right now.
3) I can go with it. Even though I feel so strongly that this is NOT the right decision.
So I do what I do best. I pray.
Dear LORD,
Give me the wisdom to see which path is right. Give me the strength to do what you see fit. Help me to discern what is a trial I need to go through to strengthen my faith and what is spiritual warfare. If this "bump" is just to knock Dusty and I off the path then give me the peace I will need to just "go with it." Lord, help me to follow your word and guidance.
Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment