Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Charlie's 6 year old room re-go

 For her birthday, C wanted a new room.  She was "too big" to live in her nursery any longer.  Her words not mine.  She wanted a pink room.  I HATE pink.  I did not want a pink room.  So, we compromised.  She has three pink walls that I chose and one purple to tone down the pink.  But in addition to her room redecoration, she got a new "castle bed."   C even got to help D work on the bed.  "The building of the bed"-  July 25th
 Frame ready to prime and paint:  July 26th super early
 July 26th late afternoon.  Castle primed, painted, and in the bedroom.
 Stone detail put in over the course of July 28-29th.
 Stone painted over July 30th and 31st.
Aug 2nd-I began the flower work.  I think it is really going to turn out beautiful.  Can't wait to finish.  It may take a while with school starting Friday.  She already LOVES it.  I can't wait for her to wake up in the morning and see the flowers.  It is not the ones she wanted but I just don't know that I could have painted the ones she wanted.

9 comments:

Sasha Farina said...

tell C i wanna move in with her! the room is looking awesome!!

Donna said...

it looks fabulous!!!

Kristin of course said...

Oh Amy and Dusty...you are the BEST parents ever. Amy, you are so blessed to have a husband who CAN do those things for your daughter and you (clubhouse, anyone). Oh my, I'm almost speechless.

Jennifer said...

How cute! :)

Kimber-Leigh said...

this is looking beautiful! she is going to just love growing up in this room...my daughters would be thrilled!

Michele H. said...

you are an amazing artist! love the room re-do. i think my little one wants that room too:)

Kasey said...

That room looks awesome! Love the castle bed! And, the flowers are so pretty! Fabulous room! :)

lisa truesdell said...

that bed is awesome!!

Ursula Schneider said...

That is one lucky young lady. I would have done anything for such a room as a girl! Great work!