




There are some days when I feel like a good parent. Today is one of those. On Tuesday, Dusty caught Charlie writing on her wall in her closet. She was making a secret passageway. We had a long talk about not writing on the walls. On Wednesday, we painted a secret passageway. I want to encourage her creativity and imagination. It took everything in me to let her do it and not straighten it out or make her rewrite her letters correctly. Her e's are upside down and then right side up because she said she did them wrong. Her a's look like b's and her w is an m. I makes me crazy but it is hers. She took her secret passageway and it led her under her bed where she played forever yesterday. I hope this is one of those things that get's remembered instead of forgotten. I had to add new pictures. When Dusty got home they decided that it needed a doornob. So off they went to the store. $7.00 later she has a very cool secret passageway w/ doornob. When she is in her secret passageway (which takes her all over the house) she whispers "tippy toe, tippy toe" over and over until she is at her destination. And, her door creaks when she uses it. :) I love this kid!
3 comments:
That is the coolest idea! I know she'll love it...hours of entertainment!
You're an awesome mommy! And yea for letting her do the work - it's practice for when she comes home with a diorrama (sp) project.
That's completely awesome. I love it when the kiddos do stuff like that!
what a great idea to encourage creativity... too cute.
Post a Comment