Wednesday, February 3, 2010

And Amy Dawn cried...

Dusty uses this line from Varsity Blues quite often. Tonight was one of those nights. Dusty is a huge, I mean HUGE groundhogs day fans. It is his favorite holiday. Over Christmas I heard that Build a Bear has a ground hog for Groundhogs day. I was so excited. So, I went to look at it. They told me that it doesn't come in until the middle of January. So, I waited. Yesterday, I was so stinking excited. I surprised D made him pick me and kids up at school and take me to the mall for a super cool surprise. We get to build a bear and guess what. No groundhog. Yes, you read that right they did not have a ground hog but I could check on the internet and they could send it to me. Dusty (the wonderful man that he is) says honey it's fine. It is the thought that counts and besides, it saves money. I am the practical one. I always give practical gifts. I would never give something like a stuffed groundhog b/c really who needs another stuffed animal in their house. So, I cried.

1 comment:

mommy2alex said...

I would cry too! Dusty is right, it's the thought that counts - such a sweet thought. I'm so giving Build a Bear the stink eye!!! How mean of them. Hmph, don't like them one little bit right now!