Saturday, September 5, 2009

A lot has happened....


I need to "catch up" but I'm not going to.. I may come back one day and post a few of the pictures that I need to post and then again...I may not.

I just need to say I actually scrapbooked this evening and It was so GREAT!

Here is my layout. It sat on my scrap table for two weeks. I would go look at it and just couldn't decided on a title. During this time Charlie had her "surgery" to remove the butterfly. After that time every time I looked at this girls face I did not think about these pictures from a birthday party this summer. Instead I thought about what she said sitting on the "table" in her surgery room. Then when I was cleaning up after a prayer card meeting w/ some ladies from my church I threw a stack of bible verses on my table. Isaiah 41:10 landed on the layout and I knew I needed to use it. I kept the layout. Added the title Have courage, the bible verse, and some journaling that has nothing to do with these pictures and I LOVE how it turned out.

The journaling: I have been working on this page for days and each time I see it I do not see the little girl in a bathing suit at Gant's birthday party. Instead I see the little girl sitting on an operating table. I try to help you be brave and you say, "Mommy, remember God is with me. He gave me doctors to make everything better. He gave them the knowledge to make me better. He will be with me even when you and Daddy are not to make me brave."
Bug, you continue to show me each and every day how incredible my God truly is. Always have courage. God is always with you. love mommy

It blows me away how God uses my own words repeated by my four-year old to comfort both of us. At least I know she is listening.

1 comment:

mommy2alex said...

What amazing journaling!! Love the layout too, it's great :)