Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Inside ourselves
My great Aunt Becky died yesterday. She wasn't someone I was real close to but it was my Grandmother's sister. She had been sick for some time. She had just given up. When I spoke with my grandmother this evening she talked about how many people had shown up to pay their respects. She talked about how people kept calling and bringing food and stopping by all to say how much they loved Aunt Becky and what a lovely lady she was. "My sister would have just been touched to know that she had this many people who truly liked her." She spoke of one such woman who stopped by and gave Becky's daughter a "trinket" that made her think of Becky. I was just touched by the whole experience in a different way. I just wonder how many of us are so inside ourselves that we can't even see the few people who might feel this way about us. Are we so inside our own special place that we can't see how much we touch other's lives. What an incredible way for God to remind me that he has provided for me and that I so need to get over myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment